Running lean????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beamesy7

Reaction score
I took the warrior out for her first long ride since the reconstruction, im running a 150 main and have a k&n filter with air box mod and a dg rcm slip on, I get some decent backfire and poppin in the top end, and my pipe was glowing pretty hot almost to the second bend, shoukd I try to up my main to a 155??? Also where the hell can I order just a pilot jet, id like to bump that up also im only running a stock 45.

I had pretty much the same problem. I am now using a 48 pilot, 150 main, and the needle clip down one slot, and the air/fuel screw out 1.5 turns. Our setups are the same except I have a HMF slip on. This fixed my issues, for the most part. The only problem I have now is it bogs a little in lower gears when I hammer it. If I hit it, let off and hit it again it yanks the front wheels up. I still haven't fixed that yet, not sure how. Anyway I hope this helps you out.

Perfect jetting is hard to achieve. Even on my moto 4 it's a bitch. I have it very close but got tired of working on it. Close enough to be happy!

Thanks for the input guys! And yes perfect jetting is hard to find but I will one day get it down pat! :D

Jetting a carb is like a painting a portrait. The more time you take, the better the finished product... Lots of plug chopping at on ALL 3 circuits, lots of money for jets that you will only use once to dial it in, and lots of time that you will never get back. But, it is all worth it.

Don't just buy a handful of larger pilots and mains. Get at least a dozen of each. I have around 75 jets just for the FCR.

Back