rotor "TDC" problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetswepa

Reaction score
well got the new motor put in and noticed that my TDC marking did not match up with my camshaft sprocket marking, i took off the stator and head, and noticed that my rotor is 180% out how is this? if i set the T mark to the stator housing mark my piston is at the bottom end not the top end, what is the problem here and how do i solve it lol any help would be great. is the rotor not keyed? i just cant understand how it was installed like this, and would like to fix this problem right before i start the engine.

well got the new motor put in and noticed that my TDC marking did not match up with my camshaft sprocket marking, i took off the stator and head, and noticed that my rotor is 180% out how is this? if i set the T mark to the stator housing mark my piston is at the bottom end not the top end, what is the problem here and how do i solve it lol any help would be great. is the rotor not keyed? i just cant understand how it was installed like this, and would like to fix this problem right before i start the engine.

The flywheel is keyed the the crankshaft. You can rotate your crankshaft 360 degrees from true top dead center to overlap and your marks will line up and the piston will be on TDC all the way up in the bore, then you can rotate the cam to your mark on the sproket to the head. If your timing mark on the flywheel is on TDC and the piston is not on TDC then the key is sheered.

damn i guess its sheered then because it definetly dosen't line up with tdc, i have the top end off and no matter how many times i turn the motor if i line up the T mark the piston is at the bottom end not the top, any sugestions on how to get the rotor off?

both chain and adjuster are fine definetly my rotor is out, it seems as if it's perfectly 180% degrees out, but apreciate all help i can get thanks

If you have the stator cover off of the machine how are you lining up the flywheel mark to the timing hole in the stator cover?
This seems very odd to me that it would be this far off and be perfect.. makes no sense.
You have to have a flywheel puller to do it other wise you will ruin the crank..

i just popped on the stator cover and marked the crankcase to give me a marking to work with, i have a feeling there is no key in the crank shaft at all

is this puller a special item? like will i have trouble finding it at the local motorsports shop

yes this is a special puller that threads onto the end of the flywheel and then presses on the end of the crankshaft. You must put the bolt back into the flywheel when pressing on it.
was somebody in this engine before you got it and for the marks to be perfectly lined up is suprising on bdc when the piston is ment for tdc. Luckly you didn't bend a valve.

someone was definetly in it before i got it. gonna have to see if i can find a puller for it tomorrow, just a matter of where to get one. and a valve was bent when i took off the head haha. thanks for the help man

Back