Rod Replacement

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xj4m3

Reaction score
ok guys i got the warrior running only by pulling it still but after a while of riding it started hammering pretty hard and after a teardown i found that the main bearing on the rod is toast. Theres like 1/8" of play in it so it looks like its time for a new rod. How much of a pita is it to replace the rod? looks to me like the case has to be split and is there anything else i should look for while im doing it?btw this sucks!

ok ill see, its gonna be a while b4 i can afford to rebuild this i just want to get some ideas on how much of a pain its going to be

It's not a huge pain, I found it to be fun. I like ripping **** apart. I am still working on a tutorial with nice pictures and descriptions for a complete teardown of the engine. I am about halfway through adding the descriptions to the pictures. I need to devote a day to it and get it done soon. They should be up by the time you get around to it!

cool man i am going to do a lil studying on the ol clymer manual but a write up would be great!

Back