rockers

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

357warrior

Reaction score
i have the 397 stroker and vertex 10.25-1 piston, i did the head gasket mod to bump compression, have race porting, stage 2 hotcams and semi new stock rockers and when i tighten them after about an hour of riding there tickin to beat hell and back, just wondering if anyone would know y that is happening.

Has the lash changed after run time? Most all perf cames are noisey. Just how they are. My stage 1 was a bit on the loud side, so talked with my atv race builder friend and he suggested adjusting them to .004". You can run em that tight without valve to piston slap. I did it and have had no issues. Hotcams suggests a lash that I feel is too loose. Try it and see what happens. Just turn your engine over by hand to make sure there is no binding. Doubt you'll have any though.

if the lash is changing maybe wearing on the pads on the rockers? if the lash is correct maybe just the stiffer than stock valvesprings and hot ass thin oil? mine gets noticeably louder hot.

stage 2 hot cams are just noisy my preditor 500 had them and when she warmed up it ticked like crazy it also had the big bore kit so it was a 540 just how the hot cams are especially stage 2's

They only other thing you could do is inspect the lobes and rocker faces for excessive wear. What weight oil do you use? I run 10w40, you may want to consider heavier oil if you're not using it. Especially coming into the summer time, when hotter temps are a factor. My stage 1 gets a tad louder when hot, but nearly all performance cams on these bikes make em noisier than stock. And these bikes have always had valve train tick.

Back