Rocker arm removal?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slamdam97

Reaction score
So I got my new cam and rocker arms to repair my idiota' problem. The repair manual lists a yamaha slide hammer to remove them. I was gonna try to make one with a long M6 bolt and a weight or big fender washer or something. Anyone done this? Or know where a slide hammer would be available from?
Thanks....

we made a slide hammer with the bolt and washer and used a slide hammer for a car. the slide hammer was huge and we had a hell of a time getting them out. there is no way that little dinky yamaha slide hammer would have worked. i dont know why mine were so hard to get out, but it worked. if you dont want to make one, i would assume that your yamaha dealer would be able to get you one or you could probably even try your auto parts store.

Screw making a slide hammer. This is how I pulled my rocker pins; Take a 1.5 inch long bolt that will screw into the pin(m6?). Screw the bolt in at least 1/2 an inch then lock a pair of vise grips on the end. Use a ladyfoot pry bar on the visegrip and pry the pin out. You may have too reposition the vise grip a couples time but it will work without trying to find a slide hammer.

If you can't figure out how to do it like I said let me know and I'll take some pictures of how to do it.

if you use the pry bar, just make sure that you keep it prying perpendicular.

Gave up. We tried doing the vice grip trick, even hit the vise grips with a hammer. Didn't budge, so I dropped them off at the dealer. Should have them back Monday unless the shafts are ruined, too.

Use a m6x1.0mm with the 5lb knocker set from mac tools, it's only 35 bucks for the whole slidehammer set. You have to get a bolt that's long enough however, and made of high carbon steel. That set worked excellently for me.

Back