ripped off?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missouritrailrider

Reaction score
ok guys i had my quad at shop, wen today to measure for exhaust bracket. they didnt even have exhaust on all the way, had clamp on slip on tightened but not tight on header so it crimped it in, now prob wont even be able to slide on additional inch i need like it was wen i took it, then looked at head ect they said they had to remove to get exhaust studs out. from what i can tell doesnt even look like they removed head cause gasket dont look new or anythinbg, is there any way i can really tel if they removed the head they are tryin to charge 3 hours labor for removing??? this is really pissing me off so basically quad is in same condition as wen i took it except it has new studs and intake boot........... its not even jetted cause they wouldnt jet it without exhaust bracket securing it.........

Wha? You didn't take the head off and take it in? So they took it off and put a new gasket on for you? I'm confused?

i took it in for tuning and they wanted stud that was broke and intake boot that was epoxied fixed supposedly they trie weldin nut on stud to get it out ect but couldnt so they needed head removed to get stud out. i am swamped at work right now and have no time to mess with it just wanted it done so i can ride i can rebuild in winter wen work is slow and im bored. so i took them a bike that ran but had stock jetting with open airbox and slip on, they wanted to give back a bike that still had stock jetting and exhaust not on just new intake boot and studs in exhaust and charge $400 bucks

missouritrailrider said:
well i got it all worked out cheaper, bike will be good by tuesday prob

Glad to hear. Did they have masks and guns when they asked for $400 because that is robbery. I found a guy on craigslist that offered ATV repair, and asked him about jetting because I was not confident. About 10 minutes after he replied saying $300 to jet carb, I had the carb off, jetting it myself lol. Enjoy it when you get it back!!!!!

no the 400 was for removing head replacing intake boot new head gasket new header studs and jetting

ya well when ur workin 60+ hours a week time is money lol the 2-3 hours it would take me for replacing studs plus time to jet i could have just worked a few more hours and paid someone to do it

I agree , Sucks when you dont have the time to do your own stuff and you gotta pay someone else to do it .

ya i may try jetting wen i get exhaust finished. i tried a 148 - too lean a 155 - smoked too rich, gonna go down from here prob to 153 or 152 then lastly to 150 if need be, prob leave stock pilot jet 42.5 or whatever, stock needle with 3rd position on clip (stock i think) this is with white bros exhaust stock header and open air box with pro flow. anybody else got these mods if so what jets u runnin?

Back