rings

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior333

Reaction score
right now my quad smokes really bad do you think i could buy a set of rings, and lapped my valves to get to quit smoking till i get a job basically just a quick fix so i can ride it again

id go ahead and bore/hone it right away so the rings seat, and replace the valve seals. Check to see if your valves/valve seats have any carbon build up/holes on them

id bore it out but i dont have the money and i wanna make sure its gonna run good before dumping bunch of money into it

boring is like 40 bucks dude
Yeah I mean a good cylinder hone tool will cost $25. Then you need a new set rings which cost what, $25, plus a set of top end gaskets $35. Leaking valves don't cause an engine to smoke. The smoking could actually be comming from worn valve guides or valve stems.
To check valve sealing turn the head upside down and fill the combustion chamber with gas, if it leaks down then you need a valve job.

i have a very limited supply of money right now but where do you get a hone tool, and cant i screw more up with that if i do something wrong, and a new set of rigs are 36, top end gast are like 35 thats 70 bucks which i dont have to put into it right now this thing is turning into a money pit and i just want to get it up and running again to make sure its gonna run right for a little while before i go put more money into it and its not worht it to me to hone it and everything right now plus i need a new clutch which is anoth 50 so yea im stuck on not haveing money

well talked to my dad were gonna hone it and put new rings in it cuz he said that we can get a free hone tool and he will do it for me and he said that my valves should be fine cuz the seals are brand new

well talked to my dad were gonna hone it and put new rings in it cuz he said that we can get a free hone tool and he will do it for me and he said that my valves should be fine cuz the seals are brand new
Well there ya go, at least your buying new rings, don't go crazy with the honing tool either, just beak the glaze and form a good cross hatchet pattern and the rings should break in and seal good.

Back