Rim flipping

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptakid2011

Reaction score
I saw that on the pics of raptor 350s that the red one had the rims flipped and so did the blue one when i tryed to my valve stem hit my brake???
Any ideas how they did that?

Drill a new hole on the other side of the rim and by new valve stems. On the original side put a valvestem in upside down with the caps on them.

You can buy flushmounts but its a royal pain in the ass to add air or anything. So i dont suggest that method.

DSW is right. I had first gone with the flushmount valves, but you had take the wheels off to check your pressures, and fighting with those little caps was not high on my list of fun things to do.
Switched to the redrilled method as above, much better!

[quote author=dswwarrior350 board=quadrelated thread=1186715137 post=1186722450] On the original side put a valvestem in upside down with the caps on them.quote]
You just put it in upside down?

just to fill in the hole on the inside. I had just put flush stems in and I see what you mean with it being a pain in the ass to check the air :(

I flipped my rims and did the new holes method. reversing the valve stem workes but my personal favorite is weling shut the old hole if you have acces to an aluminum mig welder. but reversing the old ones is cheap and easy. just watch out for things to hit cuase the added leaverage is hard on tie rods and ends!

I haven't had a problem with tie rod ends with mine so i don't think you have to be to carefull

It might not be a problem but for some reason I've bent my left outside one twice

Back