riding on the road???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vestige019

Reaction score
just getting opinions

do u think if im in first gear walking my quad on a few backroads
i could get into troble??

casue after all i wouldnt actully be riding but idk thanks :cool:

Ask a local cop. Just curious, are you actually going to be walking beside it? I don't know of many cops who would say anything if you are walking...they would be thanking you for the laugh! I've had em see me riding on the roads here, actually my little bro stopped one once to ask if he'd seen any cows out of their fence. You're still better off to ask one just to make sure. If it is one of the many power-tripping cops, they'll hound you anyway.

haha

good point but thats also a good idea

but yeah i did actully plan on just putting in first, turning the idel screw up a little and walking beside it so i dont have to hold the gas or n e thing then get to my riding place

and ride but not sure yet lol

The cops out here dont care as long as you dont destroy property, speed, or are too loud. If you are they just give you a warning if its really bad they will just tell you to go home.

I can tell you for damn certain around here you'd get fined and your bike taken away.

I wish u guys were here where i live. Here u can buy the quads street legal.

You can't ride them on the streets here but I can ride right out of my garage and go ride for hours and nobody say anything. Speaking of which I think im gonna go for a spin right now.

haha it's illegal, but i think they gave up, cuz they never could catch us... way to many trails to go off on to, yes even me, so all i really did was just put it in 4th, wave, and 2 mins later, sharp turn to the left, and dissapear, and pop back out on the road...500yards behind him ;)

I believe the law is if the engine is on or there is a key in the ignition while on the street, you can get a fine. Someone I know is getting away with riding streets by using it as a tool, like for plowing, sweeping, cleaning the streets, so he can ride it on the roads.
But, someone else near by got there quad impounded when he was cleaning it in the street while it was on blocks, and the wheels off the machine!!!! He had to pay all the fines and fees as if he were riding it.
Just depends on what type of cop you get, and what type of mood he/she is in

The last I heard, in GA the law is that any "farm" vehicle is exempt from all highway regs. I used to drive my grandpa's trucks and tractors on the roads a lot because they were registered as "farm vehicles" and no license, lights, or anything was needed. When I was driving a big truck for an egg grower, the DOT at interstate scales would always ask me first thing "is this truck registered as a farm vehicle?" I hated that I had to say no...lol. Dang inspections take forever! Anywho, they don't make us register quads here because of that law. It would make anyone with a farm able to drive them on the road. Therefore, they didn't pass the registration requirement for em.

have any of u been up to hatfeild mcoy, west virgina???

up their ur aloud to ride on the road and everything they are as wats said a quad frendily town which is awesome

i mena that means everyone in the town doesnt care lol thats rare

have any of u been up to hatfeild mcoy, west virgina???

up their ur aloud to ride on the road and everything they are as wats said a quad frendily town which is awesome

i mena that means everyone in the town doesnt care lol thats rare

I know some people who have been. Seems like they said it is several towns though, not just one. That is a huge place! From what I heard, you can drive to a hotel (if you don't wanna camp) and then leave your truck parked the whole time. Just jump on the quad and go where ever you like. Not outside of town I think was what they said, but the trail heads are in town.

yeah u get to all of them by ur quad and hotels 2

their r people on quads everywere
its sooo awesome it really is worth the trip

you definitely should check your local laws, my buddy got five different tickets for walking his quad across the street to get to our usual riding spot. Cops can be real assholes so you need to know what is legal or not for your area.

damm

that sucks

yeah im diffently gonna check it out now

Back