Riding clothes. why?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gruss

Reaction score
I just trail ride, no racing. And normally just wear jeans tshirt and work boots, Been thinking about getting some riding pants and a shirt . But not sure what benefits they offer. Any help?

jeans soak up water, most riding pants wick it away. Some with the jerseys. Plus they breathe more. riding boots offer ankle protection and are also waterproof.

I usually wear the pants and my boots. T-shirt works for me trail wheelin.

^agreed

the shirt isn't a must, but to me, the pants and boots are!

run over your leg one time and you'll start looking for boots, and the pants are good for, like stated above, wick water away, and protect you better from brush and falls.

when i rode dirtbikes, if i wrecked and slid i wouldnt get scraped up, unless i wasnt wearing my riding pants

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if there were any specific reasons other than what was stated.

My brother always wore riding gear. The one time he wore jeans and it was super muddy. The next day he had insane marks on his body. Went to the doctors to find out he had a light case of MRSA. They said the bact in the water/mud soaked in his jeans and sitting in it all day made it spread.

Back