Ricks igntion coil question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddy

Reaction score
i found out my warrior has a very weak spark and that i need a new ignition coil and there like 50$for the coil and wire then you gotta buy the spark plug boot separate for like 30$or sumthin and i saw ricks makes an aftermarket coil for a warrior for cheaper i was wondering if there any good or if i should just go with OEM expensive coil...thanks

When you say "Ricks" do you mean Ricky Stator? if so, then yes, his stuff is good. Are you sure its a weak coil, or is it a weak stator (common problem with Warriors)

checking the resistance and comparing it to the specs in a service manual would confirm this one way or the other.

actually my coil went, and i bought a ricky stator replacement. It worked out fine, just be VERY careful with the philips head screws on the INSIDE of the case, the ones that cover the wires. they strip out Very easily.
~Bill

well my original coil was crap it didnt put out spark that much and it ran weird then i used a 93 warrior coil and it ran ok but it was sitting out in the weather for a while and had dog chew marks on it so im suprised it lasted as long as it did,thats why i figured it was screwed up...plus i alrdy bought a new one 50$ then 18$ for the boot ridiculus but figured it needed it but if it still doesnt work maybe ill try switching a stator off my 93 warrior,but i didnt think my stator could be causing a problem with spark

Oddy:
I spent the better part of 3 months trying to find my "intermittent" spark problem. I did it all, new wiring harness, cdi, coil, swithes, relays, etc.etc. Finally i broke down and bought a stator. installed it, pressed the starter for not even 3 seconds, fired right up. I was happy, but damn what a waste of time and energy.

yea well ima switch my current stator out for a one that came out of my 93 warrior part bike anyway but i checked the coil boots with a continuity test and both failed and also crap fell out of them when i was messing with them,a little tiny spring and some weird looking white piece of metal so i guess that why they were trash but ill let y'all know onece i put on the new coil and boot then switch the stator out i just cleaned it up real good today and tested it and its ok.

Back