Reverse Shifting into Forward

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycygrace

Reaction score
ok so my 2002 warrior is running awesome shifts fine goes into reverse totally fine but when i go back into forward out of reverse the bike shifts but the gears dont grab the neutral light goes out but no forward motion at all and the reverse light goes out as it should, i noticed a small metal rod with a flat spot for you're thumb to tighten and loosen it if thats the problem should I tighten or loosen it? please help! i wanna be able to say nothing is wrong with it! :-[

When it does this and you release the clutch is the reverse lever clicking because sometimes it is hard to get fully back into forward.. if thats the case i usually put it in first release the clutch and then pull the clutch and then put the knob to forward

the reverse lever is fully clicked in when i shift forward it does not click or anything at all just idles i can rev the quad adit revs but nothing helps

thanks alot ill try when i get my quad back in a few weeks i hit my dads barnd new garage door until i work off the $400 dollars its worth to get replaced at only $5 an hour for slave labor

What I have the most luck with is I will shift into reverse out of first gear while feathering the clutch, then Back into first feathering the clutch until the lever snaps all the way forward and it clicks into first. Good luck

Back