Reverse- does yours suck like mine?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

My buddy and I both got 06 Raptor 350s and noticed that the reverse phukin sucks ass. I read a thread that told me about letting the clutch out a little to get it to shift forward and that trick works. Do alot of you guys have this problem? This is my 1st quad and I like it just wondered if this was a common complaint. Thanks.

Yea man same on mine! If you let the cluth out a little works a lot better. If you are shiftin from reverse to 1st gear it works better than trying to go from reverse to neutral.

I have to do the same thing if I come to a stop, but if you put it back in gear while it's rolling backwards a little you don't need to mess with the clutch.

I don't know about the Rappy's, but this is a common problem with Warriors.

Why take it off? Just don't use it if you don't want to. Sometimes reverse comes in handy even if it is a pain in the butt at times.

I don't see any “big deal” problems with it; just give the quad a good humping while you’re engaging it - goes in every time. Just like your other gears she has to be moved a little for them to engage. Most of the time a dry seat humping or just feathering the clutch and moving the quad forward a little bit will do the trick.

I don't see any “big deal” problems with it; just give the quad a good humping while you’re engaging it - goes in every time. Just like your other gears she has to be moved a little for them to engage. Most of the time a dry seat humping or just feathering the clutch and moving the quad forward a little bit will do the trick.

lmao!This is true!

I find no problems with my reverse, besides what DeathShadow mentioned. I love it and it works just fine.

[quote:niow9z47]I find no problems with my reverse, besides what DeathShadow mentioned. I love it and it works just fine.

Beats getting off it and tugging on it....[/quote:niow9z47] or smashing it with a hammer :p but yeah my 04 rappy does the same thing.. you get use to it after a while

you think that warriors sucks, hop on a 300ex and try to find the lever to put it in reverse, let alone figure out how to put it into reverse, and back up

heh I know what you mean, I test rode a 300 before I bought my warrior, I got frustrated with all the little levers and buttons, and just pushed it backwards instead.

Sorry (and in a way glad) to hear that Im not the only one with a crappy reverse. Fortunately the Rap350 is light so I only use reverse when I dont have enough space to pick up the back end and spin it around. I still like my Raptor and think it was a great choice for my first quad, I can't wait to get more time on it and improve my skills (Ive got a lot to learn).

is anyone's warrior reverse problematic like mine? like its hard to disengage it? i hope im not the only one ::)

my bad death, i didnt see that. i usually just kill my bike real quick and it disengages.

Back