Rev limiter??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbutslow

Reaction score
I have a 95' Warrior with quite a few mods. Its got brand new OEM valve springs and a .390 Web Cam. I am running 14/40 sprockets and I am very happy with this set-up. Top end is in the 60-65 mph range but as it keeps accelerating its sounds like the valves are starting to float. Unfortunately its about the same sound as hitting a rev-limiter so I am unsure of what it really is.

As far as I have heard stock Warriors have no rev limiters. If thats true does anyone make a CDI box with an adjustable limiter for a 95'? I have seen them for the newer models but not mine.

I don't really want to put in titanium springs not because of the cost, but because of increased valve-train friction. That and the fact that too many rpms could do some serious damage to the motor. Anybody else have this problem?

Any cams but hotcams need stronger springs, that's probably your problem. And I think the dynatek CDI has an adjustable rev limiter.

The info that came with cam said you could use stock springs, I bought new ones thinking they would be good... guess I should have gotten Vito's titaniums springs.

yeah it sounds like your floating the valves. Stock valve springs are weak, even on stock engines. I use to float the valves on my warriors all the time, and the were stock internally.

Back