restoring plastics

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. Im lookin for a red tank cover and hood right now lol

yea i wish it was a bit redder but it certainly looks better than the pinkish faded ones :)

its really not nearly as orange as the photos look

i wet sanded mine with 1000 and then buffed it and they look 1000x better. now i got an issue with broken header studs....always somethin lol im not complaining tho cant expect less with a $500 warrior.

Here is a little thread on my restore.
I didnt go into detail on it, however the results speak for them selves!! Granted its not perfact and its not show quality by any means, it totaly turned the bike around in my opinion!! Things I used besides alot of elbow grease, scotch brite pads 4x8", 3/8 drill with 4" scotch brite wheel, medium and fine auto repair sanding blocks, a heat gun, hand held propain torch, maguires lens polish and vinal polish and a large 9" drill polishing wheel..
I just recently shot a coat of clear over the front fenders to see how it would look and hold up. This is like the community quad now, all my kids n thier frineds ride it.

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24256

^^^^nice to see another pa rider...and idk how badly urs are but ive used some good cleaner wax n a polish ball slow and smooth..and then a nice microfiber to take it off with...worked ok for mine...

how i did mine

also you can buy off of ebay....its called plastic cement or you can mix windex with a paste and rub it on your plastics it will fill in the cracks....then sand it down and put paste back on it....let it dry then put ur selected color on the plastics......next just clear coat over it.....you will have brand new plastics ;) how i did mine

Frogot to add this pic.. this is after the paint dried 2 days later the paint went a deeper red so turned out great :)

20120504_235901.jpg

Back