Replacing the Camshaft

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doobyboy26

Reaction score
I'm trying to replace the camshaft on my Quad...

Can you do it without removing the head ? I'm trying to remove a head bolt (the long one that passes infront of the rockerarm pin, i'm stuck under the frame... The bolt won't bend to let me get pass the frame... Anybody ever change a camshaft without removing the whole head on a Raptor 350 or a Warrior 350 might be the same. Thankx !

Put it at TDC and then remove the cam sprocket but don't let the chain drop into the bottom. Then. Pull out the camshaft bearing bracket thing (two bolts) and pull out the camshaft. Easy peasy.

to remove that head bolt you have to unscrew all six head bolts and tilt the head a little bit to get the big ones out. but like alex said thats not necessary to change the cam. But i think you have to change the head gasket because you unscrew one of the bolts and the fire ring of the gasket is already moulded to 40Nm of torque, when you torque it again i think it will not seal proprely... Im having some issues and have to unbolt the head and i m considering changing it even without even starting the engine once...

Back