removing chain

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drift king

Reaction score
I want to remove my chain so i can clean in it using some keroscene. I remove the clip but i didnt know what to do next? a video or photo response would be good but any advice is good

Once the clip is removed, there is a plate under it that needs removed. After that there will be the 2 posts that the clip attached to, and you push those through and out the other side, and it'll all fall apart.

Once the snap clip is removed, you can push on the pins that you just removed the clip from, and it all should fall apart. Roll the chain around until it is on the top of the rear sprocket so you get to it to work on it and the sprocket will hold the chain so you can push on the pins.

I stole this image from the web:

large_1206_530-series-chain-master-link-photo-1.jpg

I've seen people on other sites get bashed to hell for asking a simple question.....it helps no one.....

jebby

lol beats the answer he got on raptor forum
On RF, I gave him a 5 Step answer that said almost the same thing...

Step 1. Loosen those two bolts, and jam nuts that are on the carrier. They are o the bottom, just above the skid plate mounts. Then, loosen the two huge, long bolts that hold on the housing.

Step 2. Push the carrier all the way toward the bike. The chain will become very loose. Pop off the clip with a screwdriver, pop off that spacer thing, and get a punch and remove the link.

Step 3. Clean it
lol.gif

Step 4. Place chain around rollers, and the front sprocket, if you place the end of the chain in the rear sprocket it will stay. Then, pull all the slack out of the chain. And install the link, spacer, and the clip. Make sure that the clip is in goood. I had one pop off while I was riding once, and I was lucky enough to get back home with put the chain flying off.

Step 5. Once the chain is together... Put the jam nut all the way to the back of the bolt. Then, tighten the bolt as far in as you can while in spec of the chain slack. Then, when you are satisfied with the ammount of slack, tighten the two big bolts.

True. But it isnt fast enough on here. Where on RF, there are over 50 members ALL the time. Where on here, I havent saw any more than that.
It should have more peeps on, here we have one quad (pretty much) the yfm350. On RF they have 250,350,660,and 700, four different quads so you get more owners of them, in turn more peeps

Back