relpacing crank bearing

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a.warrior96

Reaction score
Hey guys im working on the girls quad and I figured I would type this up rather than her lol. We bought her warrior and I figured all it need was a starter clutch but I was wrong it needs a new crank bearing. My question is can I do this myself I have split cases plenty of times but never to replace a crank or bearing. I wasnt sure if I was going to need a press for the bearings or If i would be able to line everything back up to center or what. If its not to horribly bad to do Ill do it and save me some money. Let me know your input and also obviously I will need a new bearing anything else I should replace while im in there?

Buy a new Crank kit off ebay. good chance you will need it , also check your oil pump when you have her apart.

it's not that hard to change.

for the time and hassle you will have in it id would also suggest a new crank a hot rods is your safest option because if it has wore the mains that bad its probably destroyed the rod bearing too

yes the cam is optional ... but with a stoke cam it would have to much bottom end i would think .... not that thats a bad thing but depends on your riding style and where you ride

Back