Reliability...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rappy'97

Reaction score
Would a bike with the HC2, HMF Slip On, K&N Filter, HR 397cc Stroker, and jetting be just as reliable as stock? Because I really want it to be reliable! Thanks!

what's an HC2? and i doubt it would be as reliable as stock, but as long as ya take of it and keep it maintained it should be fine.

I change my oil every 20-30 hours, synthetic. It is a HotCam stage 2, HC1, HC2, and HC3.

Whoa, I just realized who you were. Man, it really messes with people when you change your name and avatar!

It wont be even close to stock reliability. That motor is gonna get super hot even with an oil cooler. The more stroke, and bore a motor has the hotter is gonna run. It doesnt help the warrior motor is air cooled. The crank bearings will take a beating.

Yeah mine gets pretty warm around my legs without anything done to it. I don't have an oil cooler yet though.

I know mine gets hot quick. I would be getting a oil cooler and a clutch kit. How does this sound...
Barker Full Exhaust/or/HMF S/O
K&N Filter & Pre Filter, Clamped to carb
Jetting
HC2
397/396 stroker
Oil Cooler
DriveLine Clutch
???

Okay. What kind of cams are good? HC2 comes with the package. Tim Barker offered to make me a custom exhaust.

Hotcams work just as good as any other cam out there. The stage 1 that i have is a good mid-top end cam. It also makes good power down low too. If your gonna do a cam get the head ported and polished, oversized valve, and Kimble White valve train. It will go really good with the 396. The cam Deadlast has would be perfect for a stroker motor.

Okay. What kind of cams are good? HC2 comes with the package. Tim Barker offered to make me a custom exhaust.
huh id like to see that, i may look into one depending on how it turns out. if the cam comes with a kit then i guess it'd be good as long as you use hd springs. a .430 or .450 cam from web or megacycle would be ideal

Dont waste your money on the hot rod 396 kit, cause when you get it I wont be a 396. Please dont make the same mistake that I did

Yeah I still dont know ive been on the phone withso many people still trying to figure out what it is I have im so ******* pissed I dont see how all the places can say they are selling +7mm(396) kits, but when I asked a few different shop to measure them they all come up with +4mm. Do u guys think that the +4mm plus the 84m bore adds up to the 396 or what I have is for sure the 379

Back