rebuilding the old warrior need some advice

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therundown350

Reaction score
HI my name is dalton, this is my very first post on the forum im rebuilding my old warrior from the ground up and i dont know what to do with the engine, i want more power and since im gonna rebuild the engine i might as well do it now, i was thinking a 10.5:1 compression but i dont know whats a good brand but then i dont know what needs to be done to the carb if i go that much or if any at all looking for a cheap build not to crazy or if i should put a cam in it some help would be much aprecated

10.5 to 1 piston = JE, it's the only one in that compression ratio, carb will need rejeted, and yes a cam will help with power, and welcome to the forum

Yup, welcome to the forum, I'm new here myself. I agree with the JE, strong, lightweight piston. There's a thread over in the tutorials section that discusses cams quite a bit, I think that would help with your selection. I don't know what kind of condition your engine is in but there is some good power to be gained from a good valve job....even if you don't do a full on port & polish. +1 valves would be great if you have the cash to invest & don't forget quality valve springs! Is your focus on just the engine right now or other things as well? I recently started a thread on serious power out of one of these Engines, it's been good, check it out guy!

Welcome to the site. Take some time and read some of the old engine build threads. That will give yah some pointer and ideas to get yah started.

Enjoy!

thanks alot for all the help, and im rebuilding the entire quad not tjust the engine, so if u have any other pointers let me know, and i will check out the other threads:atv:

Welcome to the site. Take some time and read some of the old engine build threads. That will give yah some pointer and ideas to get yah started.

Enjoy!

Hey Bossman, ya think there's any way we could get a sticky packed full of links to some of those old engine build threads? Some info like that stuffed into one easy to find location would be AWESOME! That is....if it's not too much trouble ;)-James

Tons of sticky's in the tutorial section. If members would post onto old threads in stead of starting new ones, they would stay all together.

Its not a major issue, but just something to keep in mind.

Back