Rebuilding Crankshaft

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddy

Reaction score
i was wondering what the best place to send a crank assembly is i heard mr.crankshaft was good and like only 125 bucks but i sent him an e-mail and he is supposed to email me back and its been a month...also i was wondering if getting the hot rod replacement cranks are a good choice i see them on e-bay for like 200 bucks...thanks

well bud i just got mine rebuilt at the local dealership and it cost me 215.89. The cost for the rod, a hot rods rod, was 144$ and the labor was 65. Only reason the rod cost me so much is bc they wouldnt install anything bought else where so that reamed me. I would have rather had a hot rods drop in crank for the money but it wasnt supposed to cost that much, surprise. Only thing the drop in cranks dont come with is the outer bearings and those could be pressed off of your old crank. Id check around your local dealer bc labor was only 65$ and if they would put a rod kit you buy off of ebay you would be done pretty cheap.

yea i thought about taking it to a local shop also, the only prob i have is that on the clutch side of my crank its chipped where the gears slip over it so im not sure if thats gonna cause a problem,i have another warrior crankshaft but itsa rusted pretty bad on one side but its all intact so im not sure what to do...

I had 2 cranks: one had a bad stator side (thank you very much dealership) and the other one that had blown the connecting rod. Took both to an automotive machine shop and he "frankencranked" (used the good left, and the good right)the 2. Had the bearings replaced at the same time. Cost me 100.00 canadian.

A brand new crank from Yamaha costs $512 WO shipping. But that includes everything from a new rod to the new bearings and sprocket gear all pressed on.

Back