Rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jered651

Reaction score
Hello I just did my first stock rebuild on a 03 warrior and already sold it. Im going to take my next build up a notch. I have seen allot of old threads from 20011 and 12 on parts but wondering if there are new ones out there. I have all stock heads jugs and carbs. The one im starting on has a bad main so new crank to start off what simple motor mods could I do without more machining other than hone or bore? How much of a bore can I do before I need to machine the case?

Bigger bore doesn't add any noticeable power, so it is recommended to only bore to the smallest size needed to clean up the cylinder. Adding compression is where you will get some power from. Also, stroker kits will add power, but they are not worth the sacrifice in reliability in my opinion. Look into getting an aftermarket camshaft, high compression piston, exhaust, air filter, maybe carb/intake.

Thanks I will look into the cam I have enough stock pistons that are good laying around.

That's a great budget cam, since it doesn't require aftermarket valve springs. Maintenance will be the same as with a stock cam

Back