Rebuild help,spliting cases...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddy

Reaction score
i just split my cases and found out my crank and rod are poop and a few other little pieces that need to be replaced...was wondering if i could get any tips...im thinking about just buying a hotrod crank since i see them on ebay new for like 200....and the oem crank is just as expensive if not more...i just cleaned both cases in the parts washer and now i think i gotta figure out what im goin to do about the lower end of the engine

yea cool thx for info i might look into that...first were gonna try and make one good crank out of two cranks since we have a press at the shop to do it,if it doesnt work ill prolly go for something along those links, thx

i wouldnt attempt to rebuild the crank myself. The counter weights need to be aligned so theres no vibration and so it doesnt start throwing parts out. I think the tolerences are pretty close and from what i understand it takes a lot to get everything rebuilt correctly. I just took my cases apart to have the crank rebuilt and with a hot rods rod it is going to be around 160 plus tax to get it rebuilt at a local yamaha dealer.

Back