rear shock ???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20warrior00

Reaction score
well my warrior was sittin for about a week or so, today i steped on the peg to grab something on the other side of the bike and all i here is some squriting noise i looked down and oil was coming out the rear shock. its been cold here lately too. what happend lol can i fix, btw the shock is really bouncy now, i had another atv that i got and shock was like this and i took it apart and cleaned it and put motor oil in it lol and works fairly good, can i do that to this shock too???

if the fluid came out and the shock is bouncy, then the shock seals went and now its just the spring on the shock thats controlling the compression and rebound of the rear of the quad so you pretty much have a pogo stick in the back now lol. when mine did that i just threw it away and got a banshee shock. i dont know if you can rebuild the stock warrior back shock or not.

I don't think the stock warrior rear shock is rebuildable, even if it is, you'll spend $150 on parts and labor. It's not something that you can do yourself, it requires some special tools, and it has to be charged with nitrogen after it's assembled.

You're better off hitting ebay and getting a used shock from a newer machine. Whether you decide to get another warrior shock, a shock from a banshee, or an 01 raptor 660 is up to you. Search this site and you'll find info about upgrading to different shocks. I even have a write up in the tutorials section about shocks, check it out.

Back