Rear shock bearing removal?????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burtonrdr176

Reaction score
The time has come to replace the bearings in my rear shock. My problem is i can not get the damn snap rings out that hold them in. I have ben working on this for days now and am getting very frustrated for something so simple. please help with any tips.
Thanks guys
Rob

on the bike bandit website under rear shock it shows

3 is the bearing
4 is the snap ring

the shock bearings are by far the biggest pain in the ass job ive ever had on my warriors and i rebuilt both of them practally from the ground up. when i did mine i sprayed a crapload of pb blaster in there every couple of min for a couple hrs inbetween doing other stuff just to losen them up. then i was able to drive the bearing to one side a little to get better access to the snap ring. then its just a matter of fighting with it using a pick and a small screwdriver or two untill it finnally comes loose. a pair of tiny needle nose pliers to grab it out of there and your done. when i did mine it took me probably 2hrs of just picking at it to get things apart and ive done stuff like this before. also keep in mind that the snapring is steel and the shock alumimum which dont mix so they can corrode themselfs together pretty darn good

bikewarrior350 is right. they do have bearings. look at bike bandit schametics. it is part #3 on the rear suspension. yesterday i took it to a honda dealer and one of my friends pressed it to one side and worked the snap ring down and out. now i just have to do the top and ill be all set:)

Back