rear brake rotor replacements

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsadork

Reaction score
the other day i was riding and somehow i bent the rear brake rotor... ******-A man!!! how much would a decent one cost me and where can i get one...i dont want to spend too much because my funds are limited
thx

I bent my stock one too. I picked up a Vesrah drilled rotor for $70. That's only $20 more than the junky tusk rotors.

I bent mine too, by holding my foot on the rear pedal without realizing until a friend said my rear rotor was glowing red and actually bent in half when I stopped and as it cooled it actually straightned back out decently. Was weird as hell though.

is it possible to bend a rotor if the parking brake is too tight??? i think that is what might have caused it because my parking brake was adjusted and it really squeezes the crap out of the rotor

Check out the wave rotors made by srp metals at Magicracing.com, they are very cheap compared to galfer and are very good quality.

is it possible to bend a rotor if the parking brake is too tight??? i think that is what might have caused it because my parking brake was adjusted and it really squeezes the crap out of the rotor

yeah, that would definitely do it. If the brake was dragging constantly, it probably got so hot that it warped. Get a blockoff plate and just completely do away with that annoying parking brake. This is yet another fine example of why parking brakes on sport quads suck.

Back