Rattling around my head?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsmith133

Reaction score
there's like a rattle/clanking noise around my head. it fades in and out at idle. you guys know whats wrong with it? thanks

Pretty easy fixes the pull the pensioners out (take the 12mm bolt and spring out first then the 2 8mm bolts and see how far out the mentioned rod is that will tell you if you need to replace the cam chain and then get a feller gauge and check the valve lash on the rockets and to check the cam bearing you'll have to take the cam chain off but make sure you line up the timing marks before pulling apart

oh ok. and all this will get rid of the rattling for sure? because i might go an start this with my bro like right now ha

There will always be some rattling or tapping in the warrior head it's rocker noise warriors are notorious for it
but if it's loud it will quiet it down some but you need to determine what it is first it's

Pull your rocker covers off and make sure the valve adjuster screws and locknuts are still in the rocker arms! I've seen this twice on warriors, and both times they got lodged in the cam and broke the SOB.

I had replaced my timing chain and spring loaded tensioner and I still had noise. I had to replace the plastic guides as well to make everything work correctly. The one guide that is tensioned by the spring loaded tensioner I was able to remove while doing the chain normally but the other guide I could not get out of the engine with the flywheel off. I wound up pulling the head off to replace it. I used new Yamaha chain & guides.

Back