raptor vs. warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02yfm350

Reaction score
I was looking through the auto trader and found a 2004 yamaha raptor.

fist of all, I bought my warrior in late june of 2006 and bought it for $3,200 CND.

and This raptor is being sold for $3,200 as well.

the raptor wouldn't be much of an improvement would it? there would be tax on the 3,200 cause it's at a dealer. but if I could sell the wariror for what i got it for, then get the raptor.....

eh, I dno i just felt like posting something on here cause I've been on other forums for a while and am starting to get looking aty this one again

It is a decent improvement over the Warrior, the whole rider position is changed for one so it feels more sportyish, it came with various other improvments and makes smidge more power stock.

It wouldn't be a bad upgrade. Like said above, the whole feel of the bike is sportier now. They're lighter, quicker, and overall feel better. For the same amount of money it's a good upgrade (if you're breaking even or only spending a small amount). If you're buying a new one I'd just upgrade to something larger.

yeah, I just asked cause it was the same price and 2 years newer. but i don't think it would be worth it. my dad wouldn't go through all that just to get another quad. Lol, I'm stuck with the warrior. but I think I am going to have to get rid of it because I don't think I have a place to ride this summer. and if I do it will be up and down the road boring **** so it's gunna have to go.

I could probly get the same amount I payed for it after having it for a year. cause i see other warriors on there older than mine and they are going for like 4,000 and I payed 3,200.

but before I sell, I'm getting my brothers friend on a weekend and I'm gunna race him on his CRF 150 cause he thinks it's faster. Plus I can ride his CRF250 ;) or is it CR250F.. one of those

I have a 88 warrior with a lot of mods. stroker crank, bigger cam, more compression bigger piston, 38mm carb. 2.5"+wider front wheels and back axle, its alot faster and slides around corners better but I like my stock raptor 350 better and all I did to it is mod. the stock exhaust, filter kit, jet carb 155 main and raise needle 1 clip up, 1.5" front wheel spacer, and 400ex front shocks, the raptor feels alot lighter, rear shock is much better, and its taller, the motor pulls strong from idle to 7500 rpm, its more fun to ride

Back