Raptor stutter on idle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbswut

Reaction score
Slip on pipe and K&N Air Filter. No airbox lid. Machine was backfiring out of the carb with the 22.5(stock) pilot jet. Went to a 27.5 and it was backfiring out the exhaust. Now I have a 25 in it and it has a slight stutter. Not so much a backfire. Happens at idle and when coming to a stop, so I am guessing it has to be the pilot circuit. Is it possible my float is adjusted to allow too much fuel? I saw a slight wet spot under my overflow tube after it idled for a couple minutes. Would slightly too much fuel cause it to do this? I uploaded a video, it does it twice during the video. Thanks in advance guys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czJAZYhH1ys

Are you able to tell if I should raise or lower the float? This raptor carb float boggles me a bit because it connects up in the carb rather than in the float bowl, and hangs down.

There should be a spec for it but IDK what it is. IDK if you know how to set height, but take off bowl, invert carb and measure from bowl surface to top ( actually bottom) of float. Bend tang to adjust.

Thanks, I will do that tomorrow and see how it works.

Could it possibly do this because the idle is set too low? I kinda just winged it with where I set the idle. It seems to be set at a decent rpm, but I have no actual way of knowing for sure.

Back