raptor pipe jetting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue350

Reaction score
I have a 05 raptor with the airbox lid removed and a gytr filter. Right now I just have the stock exhaust with the spark arrestor removed. I just bought a fmf powercore.I have it jetted with 162.5 main (which sounds like too much). But it runs good now so I guess I will order some bigger mains. Is anybody else using mains this big?

That must run super rich. My quad runs to rich with a 150 main and i have a PC exhaust, cam, vitos key

i havent done a plug check in a couple years but when i took the lid off i believe i had it dead on. nice brown plug. im also at 2200 ft elevation pulls hard all the way through the rpm range

if it pulles hard through the whole throttle range then I would just do a couple plug chops 1 at 1/2 throttle and 1 at wot

Im goin to bolt the pipe on and see what it does. Check the plug and etc.

There's no way that it'll be a world of difference in jetting.

Between warrior and raptor? I was surprised at the jet number too. But it runs good, still waiting on pipe to get here but I know im not rich rich now. I havent done a plug check either though.

With the pipe man, it's not a drastic change. Now if it had not been rejetted with the prior airbox mods and then you added the pipe to it that could cause a change b/c now it's working as a system to move air and fuel more efficiently.
In a nutshell, a pipe alone is not a drastic change, the airbox and filter alone are not drastic changes but when the 3 come together as a system it's definitely a notable change.

So with the pipe over stock it should have a seat of the pants difference? You will be able to tell a diff in power?

Ok so I got the pipe on and it sounds good. Thought it would be louder. It feels like it lost a little throttle response so I am goin to do a idle and wide open plug check. And adjust needle up just a tad. I can feel more torque though.

Idle plug color is brown. Would like it to be a little richer
mid range is white. Defiantly lean
Wide open is white too.
Thinking of goin up to a 167.5 main
up one clip or another spacer on needle
and maybe up half size on pilot jet. Or adjust on the idle screw. I can never remember, out is richer?

Took another shot at jetting tonite. Idle mixture screw was at 3.75 turns out so I put in a 30 pilot. And 2 turns out was bout perfect. Took needle down a notch, which richens.put a 165 main in. Pulled hard until wide open then fattened out. Done plug check. Maybe a fuzz lean. Added a 167.5 main and it pulled good up top. But I think I lost a little throttle response. Not sure what to do next.?

something seems odd..mine runs rich with 150 main and im a 357 with k&n filter white bros mx4 and modded airbox lid, keep in mind it will be a little leaner in cold weather

Back