Raptor baffle?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clraptor350

Reaction score
I got my bike a couple months ago and almost got it paid off. So before i have the monet to get a pipe i took the baffle out and really felt the power increase. So then my uncle tells me that it hurts the engiene. It runs fine without it? Is that true?

Well he is right, witohout it being jetted its running lean. But the gain you felt is prolly mostly in your head, it deffintly sounds like you are going faster though, what you really need to do is pick up a pipe and filter kit, then jet the carburator.

Well he is right, witohout it being jetted its running lean. But the gain you felt is prolly mostly in your head, it deffintly sounds like you are going faster though, what you really need to do is pick up a pipe and filter kit, then jet the carburator.

yes, he is right you really don't gain anything from just taking the baffle out, it just pleases the ear with more noise. at most you get a horsepower but i seriously even dought that

id put the baffle back in sounds like crap if you ask me.... save for a pipe, fliter and a good set of jets.........

Posted by xkingraptor350x on Yesterday at 10:31am
id put the baffle back in sounds like crap if you ask me.... save for a pipe, fliter and a good set of jets.........

I'll second that......I don't know why people think that this **** adds power, it don't, its all in the shape and size of the pipes and the free flowing design of the aftermarket pipes that adds the power

Although I agree about the sounding like crap part. On my 05 Rappy taking the baffle out did ad power. Raced my buddy at least 15 times with and without. It adds a little torque also. Thats been my experience.

i took my baffle out of my old warrior once; sounded like i cut the exhaust off a breeze or something, in other words. sounded like it had a scrotum hanging off the end of it

Back