Raptor 350 Needle Info

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griff

Reaction score
As some of you know, the Raptor 350's came with a 3-position adjustable carb needle through 2005. In 2006, they were only available with non-adjustable needle.

I acquired and adjustable needle from a -2005, and compared it to the 2006+ needles. Except for the extra clip positions, they are identical in all respects. Taper and reduction are exactly the same.

The neck length is identical on the 2006+ needles, the only thing missing is the extra e-clip slots. I measured the difference in clip positions, and the fix is in.

If you have a 2006+, all you have to do is shim it .040 to .050, and you be right where the 3rd clip position is on the -2005 needles. You can shim it out a little farther if ya need to, the needle is easily good for it. Probably not more than .070 (total) I would guess though.

The OEM taper is actually VERY good. It has a nice transition and decline, and should work well for even open-box configs.

I tried this in my wifes Raptor when I installed the LRD full system, and with the right size main, it works fantastic.

I'll post some pics when I get home.

Back