Raptor 350 carb on warrior need help ASAP!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno if I'm being paranoid but now i feel like its making a weird noise...I adjusted the valves and it has plenty of power and runs great..it's like a metal on metal vibration when it revs high..should I worry about this? Doesn't smoke or knock or anything like that

Also check all the motor mounts and bolts to make sure none are loose or the comonly broken ones under the tank

Sorry I adjusted the valves after I discovered the noise..intake is .076mm and exhaust is .178mm and I can't really tell where the noise is coming from..timing chain is very tight also

set the valves at .004 intake .006 Exhaust you can also go .004 on both safely and that will get rid of almost all valve noise which is very common with these warriors
Does it have a stock cam?

ok set them at the tighter side anywhere from .004 to .006 or both at .004

and check the 2 upper motor mounts under the gas tank they tend to break and would cause the noise your hearing at higher rpm's if that ain't it then we can venture further

yep! the stock valve lash is a little too much thats why there is so much rocker to cam slap or tic so setting them closer to the tighter side helps with most of the noise

Ok thank you! Now I got something to do after work tomorrow...working on this thing is better than dealing with inmates all day ill tell you that much lol

Quick question on the new carb I got yesterday, there is a fitting opposite of the air vent fitting that wasn't on my old carb? No idea what's it for any ideas? On my old carb there's nothing in that spot

This thing...sorry for the crappy pic only one I could find online

Last edited:
that a Raptor 350 carb ? cause my 02 warrior only has the left side one and has a spot on the right side but it was never machined for the nipple.
I'm assuming it's just another vent like the other side but someone with a Raptor 350 will have to chime in

No warrior carb I got this instead of the raptor carb...exactly the same as my old carb minus that fitting

looks identical to a warrior carb but I looked in the Clymer manual and all the carbs from 87-04 only have the 1 vent tube coming off the left side

It's almost like someone added another vent to it don't know what to tell you man stick a hose on it just like the left side

Back