random wires under hood

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooner

Reaction score
well while i was removing the fuel tank to make it easier to get to the carb i was under the hood in the front and found these two weird looking wires.. but the ends were just taped up. maybe you guys can help??? pics are below thanks
IMAG0004.jpg
IMAG0005.jpg

which would explain why i dont have a parking brake.. but which goes to the clutch? and is it needed? cuz it has ran fine with out it..

no you don't need it, what it did was stop the quad from starting unless the clutch lever is pulled.

haha ya that would be a pain. thanks guys :D

ya aftermarket clutch perches (like the MSR i had) do not even have a spot for them even though i didn't have them plugged up with the stock perch.

Yupp, parking brake wires. You dont need them. Stock parking brake is kinda useless anyways. You do have a block-off on the rear caliper now right?

what is a block off plate? and i really dont know haha

I was just thinking about that lastnight, cause mine still has the spot on the caliper were the cable would go into it, but everything else in the parking system is removed

Do i need the blockoff??

Yes you should buy a block off, without it your rear brake could stick. They are less then $20.00 on ebay and you can probably find one cheaper if you look around.

Mine still has the ebrake attached, just doesn't have a cable on it.... I see where the block off would go, but it still has the stock parts for the ebrake??

Jugga, leave that on there unless you get a plate. The plate keeps **** outta the caliper and keeps that **** from eating the seals up.

Thanks deadlast, thats what i needed to know, well whats the point in spending the cash if the stock parts will protect it too (unless previous owners remove it of course)....

just because that piece is big and bulky. It has the possibly of getting bashed in and locking the caliper up. (un-likely but could happen) and the block off gives it a cleaner look. People usually take the caliper mount and cable off at the same time.

Heck i bought a polished aluminum Tusk block off plate off eBay for $7 SHIPPED!

Here is a picture of it its sooo shiny! lol

swingarm3.jpg

Haha wow this is an old picture lol

Back