Quiet Exhaust?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyfloatr

Reaction score
Anyone know of any really quiet exhausts? I have a DG on the Warrior I just bought and it is so loud my neighbors would kill me if I rode it in the back yard. Any ideas how to quiet this thing down?

Try add some foam that makes them more quiet.

Unfortunately when I asked this a while ago no one had any options. Im glad to see Im not the only one concerned about not pissing off neighbors and getting riding areas shut down. I always wondered how many other riding areas we would have today if people werent out making enemies back in the 2 stroke days. If you ever find something let me know as Id like to build up my Raptor but it seems like it wouldn't give me more power unless I went with a loud exhaust. I was thinking about getting a stock muffler from a larger quad and attaching it to the stock pipe since most guys here seem to think the stock headpipe is pretty good for power. Good luck and thanks.

Well Dg is usually the same design as the stock pipe on other models just chromed. Most pipe manufactures offer a quiet core insert to keep their pipes in the legal racing decibel range which I think is about 98 or 96. Make sure you keep the packing fresh as this will help a lot.
keep an eye out for leeks in the head pipe or where the header and canister meet as this will produce a loud crackle. And think of it like this all quads and toys with high compression motors are going to be loud in a neighborhood to a certain degree due to the amount of homes and cars/trucks for the sounds to bounce off of and make it seem louder than it really is.

My suggestion is to see if DG offers a quiet core for your pipe and if they dont go with someone like HMF who does and can keep it under 98 db. And no more bashing two strokes - deep down you know you wish you had one - nothing smells better than one burning vp and polluting the air. lol

I just looked at some of the dg models - is yours the xccelerator?

I have no idea, I just bought this quad used. How much louder are the aftermarket exhausts? Would you say they are twice as loud or less? Maybe I could just buy a new stock exhaust, or trade someone who wants a little more rumble.

I have a pro circuit T4 and its not really loud but it does have a nice deep roar too it..I have never had any complants just compliments
That's weird because mine is ear defining. But then again I'm guessing you have a slip on, mine's the full exhaust.

I have the Yoshimura RS3 full system and even with my 446 the quad is quiet at idle and gets louder as you nail it, but it comes with a quiet core insert that'll levy that problem.

And no more bashing two strokes - deep down you know you wish you had one - nothing smells better than one burning vp and polluting the air. lol[/quote]

Youre absolutely right, but In fact I do have one, a 2003 Yamaha Viper snowmobile. 700cc , 3 cylinder, 2 stroke, 120 HP, can hit 115mph on the speedo. I love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning, smells like..........Victory. My next sled will also be a 2 stroke, so no more Yamahas for me. I Like 4 strokes in quads however.

And no more bashing two strokes - deep down you know you wish you had one - nothing smells better than one burning vp and polluting the air. lol[/quote]

I agree, there is a reason you still see Banshees in quad shootouts even when they are not made anymore, 2-strokes are just not economical or friendly to the environment but they were the most bad ass in their days

[quote:kt4b7aks]I have a pro circuit T4 and its not really loud but it does have a nice deep roar too it..I have never had any complants just compliments
That's weird because mine is ear defining. But then again I'm guessing you have a slip on, mine's the full exhaust.[/quote:kt4b7aks]

The T4 is easily the loudest I've ever heard, S/O or full....

Exactly, though, I can't believe someone would say it's not really loud.

hahahah........ you think a pro circuit is loud....
man you have never heard my warrior
its got a cobra megaphone slip on
i hate to say it but i bet it makes more power then all them pricey ass pipes(yoshy,pro circuit)

mods,
366 JE big bore 10 and half to one compression
stage 1 hot cam
160 main jet
45 pilot
oil cooler
cobra aluminum megaphone slip-on
razr 2 rears
msr aluminum bars
moose racing hand guards
prm front summit bumper
prm swingarm skid plate
lazer star lights mounted in stock location
twist throttle
oalry grips(nice!)
soon to come a-arms and some works shocks

hahahah........ you think a pro circuit is loud....
man you have never heard my warrior
its got a cobra megaphone slip on
i hate to say it but i bet it makes more power then all them pricey ass pipes(yoshy,pro circuit)

mods,
366 JE big bore 10 and half to one compression
stage 1 hot cam
160 main jet
45 pilot
oil cooler
cobra aluminum megaphone slip-on
razr 2 rears
msr aluminum bars
moose racing hand guards
prm front summit bumper
prm swingarm skid plate
lazer star lights mounted in stock location
twist throttle
oalry grips(nice!)
soon to come a-arms and some works shocks

I have to disagree about the cobra - . They look nice but they aren't putting up big numbers and that sound they make is a little to crackly for my taste. But as long as the rider enjoys it than that is all that matters.

I personally like it somewhat loud I have a FMF Powercore 4 I never had the warrior stock so I am unsure of the true power gains, plus my jetting is a little off

Back