quick silver edelbrock carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gardenstate

Reaction score
so i found an edelbrock carb for 150 ,guy said it needed to b cleaned and needle was cruded up. carb only nothing else ! what does everyone think worth it or not im a little sceptical on the deal .:???:

Yeah, its a good carb once you get it diled in just right.

Throttle response is much better an super easy to adjust.

so i found an edelbrock carb for 150 ,guy said it needed to b cleaned and needle was cruded up. carb only nothing else ! what does everyone think worth it or not im a little sceptical on the deal .:???:

Great carb to have, but getting parts for them is impossible, like gaskets, rebuild kits ect.

well i got the kid down to 90 bucks , called all the local shops and none off them can get parts! then the one shop goes on to tell me that its a flat track carb and is to big for my warrior and wont have any bottom end. the second shop tells me that they are a bitch to dial in and the guys who have bought them end up taking them off and sell them. then they go on to tell me that with the eythanol gas will eat the accelarator pump up and i have to find non eythanol gas and good luck finding parts. so they say i wont b happy with the with it and stick with the stock carb. finally they asked why i would waste my money on a warrior, which totally pissed me off because i was willing to give them buisness. i know what the warrior is and i have owned a suzuki lt 250 and a 400ex and a 300ex and a blaster umong other bikes but the warriors have been the best all around reliable quad i have ever owned! sorry for getting of the subject i guess im just venting lol

Them guysyou talked to at them shops are dumbasses... How is that gas gonna tear up the accel pump when the stock carb has an accel pump?? They are NOT to big for the warrior, but the perfect size indeed. Low end is the best thing about them because of the accel pump... Yes they are hard to find parts for now, (you can find neeldes on ebay still thou). There ok on tuning, but once it dialed in there the cats meyow.

More than likely the guys you talked to have never even used/worked on one, there just going by what "other" ppl tell them. Myself and Deadlast have ran one for a while now, VERY good carb for the warrior.

hey thanks for the support guys! im still on the fence with this carb because i need to buy a wolverine intake boot and throttle cable before i even start tuning it but that isnt to pricey. what is a 37mm fcr? i know deuce has a z400 carb for sale. what are my other options? motor internals are stock but i have a fmf power bomb head pipe and white bros e series silencer and a k and n filter with the lid drilled . i just want some more nut for hills i run 22 paddles and 22 realators.

An FCR is a more modern 4 stroke carb, well, it's used on more modern 4 stroke quads & ATV's. The 37mm version comes on 250 dirtbikes like the YZ250F. There is also a 39mm version but I feel like a custom built intake boot would be best suited for it... I'm going to temporarily use a Raptor 350 intake boot but the 39mm stretches the piss out of it.

Something that noone has mentioned is that if you switch to the fcr carb off of a yz bike you will have to switch to a push/pull throttle. I have only seen twist throttles work with push/pull carb setups. Not a big deal if you do not mind a twist throttle. I found a few yz250f fcr carbs with cable and twisty for not a lot of money on ebay

Back