Quick question please

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cdub

Reaction score
Im buying a new head for my 97 warrior, Its a 2007 grizzly4x4 head,
I wanted to be sure that it would work b4 I buy I gotta save bc Im looking at a 67 camaro project as well lol so could someone please let me know sooner the better I have ebay ready to order lol

Yes it will work. You have to use the warrior cam gear and be sure to use blue locktite on the bolt. The dowl pin that goes in the end of the cam is not as pronounced as the warrior, but does hold the gear in place. The cam design in 07 was changed, so the internals of the head wear changed to accomodate it. Just go onto partswarehouse.com or bikebandit and make sure the part numbers for the grizzly head and the rapt 350 head are the same.

ok thanks alot man Ill get some of that blue locktite
I looked on bike bandit and the cylinder head assy numbers dont match
grizzly-1800882
warrior-1156225
they both look the same,(heads) but will it work?
and i def get a warriors cam gear

I just looked at partswarehouse.com, both heads have the same # according to them. The only difference is the (I'm assuming) the batch number. 5yt-11101-20-00
5yt-11101-10-00

Ok thanks man I really appreciate it I think Im gonna spend the extra 50 bucks and just get a warrior head just to be safe bc I want to be riding as soon as possible

You're better off anyway. If you ever want to install a performance cam, it is way easier to get the right one for the warrior head than the new ones. And, they are easier to install if I'm not mistaken.

thats where ive been lookin, Ive found numerous grizzly and moto 4 heads for about 120-150, the warriors are all about 200, Ive wanted to buy a couple but most of them are severly pitted on the bottom of the head(above piston around bottom of the valves so idk what im gonna do im going nuts not riding lol

you will all so have to use the cam cover off the warrior as the grizzly one has a breather hose fitting

Why do you need a new head i have one minus valves and cam
I need a new one bc the previous owner welded the cam gear to the camshaft, it broke off after my first 30 min ride, the valve on the carb side been pretty nigrigged and when the gear broke it gouged out the inside kinda bad, I just wanted to replace everything(im pretty rough on things) id take your head but i need the valves, the camshaft and the cam gear

Do yourself a favor & hold out for something with atleast a HOTCAM in it man. After running one I'll never go back to the stock cam. I know that's many people including myself have said to get a Web .390 if you're buying new & wanna spend the cash but I'm impressed with the difference that my S1HC has made in my bike.

Do yourself a favor & hold out for something with atleast a HOTCAM in it man. After running one I'll never go back to the stock cam. I know that's many people including myself have said to get a Web .390 if you're buying new & wanna spend the cash but I'm impressed with the difference that my S1HC has made in my bike.
Alright thanks for the advice a complete head that im watching actually ends today and it includes a new stage 1 hotcam, Ill def try to get it bc I love performance upgrades,Im new to 4wheelers so idk all whats good to switch out. Hoefully i win bc im getting sick of riding my warrior in my garage lolol

[QUOTE riding my warrior in my garage lolol[/QUOTE]

Are you making vrooom vrooom noises? lol

Lol. I remember when my dad bought me my lt230s quadsport when I was 12ish. The engine was in pieces in a box, so he would hook up the tow rope to his fourtrax and pull me through the trails.

Lol. I remember when my dad bought me my lt230s quadsport when I was 12ish. The engine was in pieces in a box, so he would hook up the tow rope to his fourtrax and pull me through the trails.
haha thats awesome

Back