Quick question about a chevy

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorgirl09

Reaction score
DOES ANYONE HAVE A QUADRAJET????? some asshole stole my fully modded 800cfm that i built so i need another to start work on again! i had $200+ in that carb and i got my gaskets and crap ordered to put my intake on the chevy and now i dont have a carb. so if anyone has one PLEASE lmk!

Last edited:
DOES ANYONE HAVE A QUADRAJET????? some asshole stole my fully modded 800cfm that i built so i need another to start work on again! i had $200+ in that carb and i got my gaskets and crap ordered to put my intake on the chevy and now i dont have a carb. so if anyone has one PLEASE lmk!

Do you have the stock intake, or a square bore with an adapter?

wieand high rise single plane (hole big enough to fit a grape fruit in ;) ) with a mr. gasket adapter

i shall NEVER bolt a holley OR a edel anything on my truck! period. na i'm looking for a stock GM quadrajet. i have a series of holes i drill and certain holes i block off and passage ways i open up to make a q-jet scream

i shall NEVER bolt a holley OR a edel anything on my truck! period. na i'm looking for a stock GM quadrajet. i have a series of holes i drill and certain holes i block off and passage ways i open up to make a q-jet scream
Fuel injection is the way to go now days anyway.. lol

I wouldn't push her buttons Mathius she has made her point about this clear in another thread she wants a stock Gm Quadrajet and nothing else

I wouldn't push her buttons Mathius she has made her point about this clear in another thread she wants a stock Gm Quadrajet and nothing else

I know, I was just being a smartass because 1st-2nd small blocks are oldschool. (LS is the wave of the future)

But Q-jets are junk..
They get air, and fuel to the motor. But there are "way" better, way more reliable carbs out there.
I could kinda see a reason to run one on an original resto, but not a street machine?
(Just my $.02)

I've been hotrodding, and building engines for about 17 years now. I know what carbs are good, and what aren't. :iagree:

Yeah I hear ya but some people are just true to there brand nothing against ya

I've ran holley before and they dont run on a chevy like i like. and IMO edel **** is over priced CRAP your buying a name with them not a good product! you can buy dart, or brodix, or whatever for alil cheaper and have a part that is 10 times better built and performs better!. IMO fuel injection belongs in NEW vehicles. if your going to butcher the truck and lower 6 inches and bag it and set it on 24's then hell why not finish screwing it up with fuel injection? thats not my style. I AGREE a stock quadrajet isn't the best carb but AFTER this girl gets a hold of one with a drill and file the things will run circles around a holley any day. the thing is you have to know how to build them! i'm not a parts changer... i'm a real ****** mechanic!

now then... i know some guys on here have old chevy stuff so PLEASE someone have a quadrajet! BBC or SBC as long as it has the hot air choke :) THANKS!

Q-jet junk! Thems fighten words! A properly set up q-jet WILL outperform most all aftermarket carbs. There is a reason why people prefer them over others. But what ever floats your boat. Warriorgirl, my dad wants to know what holes you drill and block off. It's been a long while since he's built one. Absolutely loves em. He is regailing me with his glory days of drag racing, and setting up carbs. I have a q-jet, but needless to say it's not going anywhere.

dang i like you two more and more!!

Holly will never run smooth enough for me.

edle is way to expencive with the avg grade carb quality.

i believe that girl can make anything scream!

So I suppose I'm ousted now for speaking my opinion?
I've always run holley carbs, I've never had any problems.

I have 3 q-jets in my garage.. 2 hot chokes, and 1 electric. But it would cost a fortune to ship them..

Q-jet junk! Thems fighten words! A properly set up q-jet WILL outperform most all aftermarket carbs. There is a reason why people prefer them over others. But what ever floats your boat. Warriorgirl, my dad wants to know what holes you drill and block off. It's been a long while since he's built one. Absolutely loves em. He is regailing me with his glory days of drag racing, and setting up carbs. I have a q-jet, but needless to say it's not going anywhere.

i open the secondary passages by removing the 2 plugs under them and going in with a small drill bit to clean up the let over castings and the reinstall the 2 plugs with epoxy (the carbs do suck air around the plugs from the factory) so sealing them up helps the secondary bbl's pull fuel.

then the outside fuel tubes get 4 small holes. These holes start 5mm from the bottom and are at intervals of 2.5mm. The size of the holes are obtained using a 1mm drill bit. To do this file one edge of the tube slightly flat and prick punch carefully and drill very carefully all the way through both sides.

then in the secondary bbl's JUST above the air flaps are 2 small holes (one on each bbl). scribe a line from center of the tiny little fuel hole that is just above the secondary air flap's all the way down to the center of the hole in bottom of top of carb. Now drill two holes just below where the secondary flaps close once again very carefully. You will have to remove the airflaps to do this and will have to go at a slight angle upwards. drill in untill you go through to the existing tunnel going to the top holes. Fill the top holes with epoxy and sand back smooth. What this does is instead of the air flaps having to open and then create air flow past the holes to start flow of fuel, as the secondarys open and the air starts to open the air flaps the air is already passing the holes so the fuel will come through much quicker.

Ah ha. Thanks, will tell him in the morning. He was sittin here scratching his head as to what you could be drilling on. He couldn't recall he, or anyone, doing that back in the day. They mostly just polished the **** out of EVERYTING, and wet sanded the metering rods, and did some other mods. I'm sure there is more that he can't remember without having an actual carb in hand.

Your alright mathius. People have given the q-jet a bad name for years, and we hate to have it thrown in our face, because certain people don't like too, or have zero luck making them perform to optimum level. If holley works for you that's fine. You're in Canada, so what does it matter? LMOA! JK dude.

pretty much all my modding is to the secondaries so that when you stomp it to the floor them back bbl's dont have ANY lag on getting the extra fuel and air in and i have a few other things i do to em but hey i gotta keep some secrets to myself ;)

Back