quick help? annoying!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xxraptor350riderxX

Reaction score
ok so my 05 raptor has a dyno jet kit and fmf slip on (if that matters) anyways. she will fire right up and idle fine even though its 12 degrees, the problem is after about 1 minute of idle the weirdest thing happens its hard to describe so bare with me, its like theres a backfire coming from the airbox, when this happens its like a cough in the idle. sometimes the bike will die when this happens. makes no sense I know, in other words its like the bike is idleing but you keep kitting the kill switch but right before the bike turns off you flip it back to the run position and it has to catch back up to regular rpm... any ideas what to do?

Backfire through the carb is a lean condition. Meaning, your engine is not getting quite enough fuel while idling. You need to get a larger pilot jet in that carb. Good chance that it only needs to go one size larger. Maybe two. The dynojet kits suck. You are best to get genuine Mikuni jets. From either Denniskirk, or, Jetsrus.

Quick question though. Does it go away after several minutes of running? Meaning more then ten? It is common for an engine to run a tad lean this time of year when the engine has yet to reach operation temperature.

Back