questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packervoegeli

Reaction score
im a newbie but i have some questions.i traded a boat for a warrior 350 1989.It looks to me that the carb. boot that goes to the engine to the carb is broke,it runs good but it does cough when at slow speeds,is this boot causing this. Also it looks like the cam cover on the right side is leaking a little bit.Is this a issue with these motors.I dont see any cracks in the cover but i assume there is a gasket or a o-ring behind it that is bad.also the wire that shows the quad being in nuetral keeps slipping out,can i guy hard wire this to get rid of this problem or do i need a new wire.Money is tight and i have a family so i am going to chose the cheapest way to fix things and to do it my self.other than that i love this quad. it seems to run good the front fenders were all broke so did some modifing to them i cut them with a box cutting knife and a put that mold piece people use to put on car doors,it turned out decent.the black plastic mud flaps were also broke so i bolted on some rubber mud flaps.I know i lot of the member think i am crazy but i will worry about looks later.right now i have to make sure it runs good and is safe,thanks guys jeremy

see this is what i am talkin about.front fender were all broke so i did some cutting to them.I will slowly begin to rebuild this quad just gonna go as fast as the money comes in hahah:tup:

Attachments

• q2.jpg
    q2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 18
  • q1.jpg
    q1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 19
Yeah its sounds like your intake boot causeing the broblem take a pic of it if you could and also a good carb cleaning could be useful

thanks rock. thats what i thought.the cam cover doesnt look cracked anywere so i must be a gasket.i also work in a machine shop and i think im gonna take my carb intake valve in and weld it up.i weld stuff all day long so that should take care of that.It cool that i live close to someone who's a member.

warrior boy i see you have a 88 my warrior is a 89.is both of these the first generation of this model?Also i have been checking parts on warriors and it looks like they have not changed much over the years,is this the case?Its like if i am looking for fenders my quad it will say like 88-2003 for years that fit.

thanks sparky.I didn't think it looked to bad either for a 15 dollar repair job the 2 side had all kinds of cracks that looked all messed up.that cool that people are on here from the midwest.

Probably needs a intake boot, also set the valves it may help, nice bike, and welcome!

For the neutral wire it attaches on the left side almost under the motor, see whats left of the wire and you can make the call

its not really down by the motor so much its up by the clutch on the right side of the handlebar,the clutch is fine its that other wire it keep slipping out.thanks for the advice to everyone on this site.your guys are awesome,to bad you guys live so far away i would buy all you guys a round of beers hahaha

89 is 2nd gen. Has shorter swingarm, different a arms, and different axle carrier then the 87-88.

The 89 is kinda a year all its own so make sure the parts are the same for your model. 87-88 use a different frame, a-arms, swing arm, and the lights are mounted in a different spot. The 89 uses the 2nd gen frame but still uses the 1st gen lights. Also the rear brake rotor I believe is only 89. the axle carrier will be different as well. Most other components for 89-04 will be the same with the exception of electrical components. So all 89-04 plastics, heel guards etc will be the same.

And it is common to have the intake boot between the carb and engine crack and cause a vacuum leak causing it to run poorly. If it is cracked make sure the engine is tight in all its mounting locations. I have seen many of the engines in these come loose and tear the boots.

Back