question on big bore kit

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2ksuperglide

Reaction score
on fourstroketech.cnet the big bore kit is $649 and cam is 165. then below it is valve springs, clutch springs andoil cooler. now do i NEED all of those products in order for it to be right or what are the things that i need?

Dude $649 is for the 446cc stroker if thats what you were infering to, then yes you will need all those, plus send you crank cases to him to be bored to fit the bigger sleeve in the lower end, and send the cylinder to have the new sleeve installed and bored to 87mm. With shipping your looking at $1200 and if you have your head ported and I recommend it for this motor thats another $175. These prices are without Mickey assembling your motor, so if you can do that that'll save a few dollors. BTW when it's all said and done this motor flys, makes about 42HP.

im gonna do all the labor work with a older guy i know that is an expert on it and knows what hes doing so there wont b a labor charge. so itll be about $1300 to put the 446 on my bike?

I bet you'll have that into it when you're done.. . Also look at CWR's kits. He's got a 460cc kit that I think is great.

damnit. thats alot of money to be just putting into the motor. because you see. its a BARE frame i have with just tires and handlebars. so im going to have to put evrything else on the bike also. now i might reconsider that kit. i know i want a big bore kit. but i dont think i will have that kind of money to put the 446 into it. what other big bore kits are great options but are not as expensive as that one???

scratch that. my ******* school wont let me do the fourwheeler as a senior project, so ima do something else. anyways im still going to do the warrior project on my own. and now that i dont have deadlines or papers about it. im going all out. the best of the best on evrything. 446 big bore kit is what im final on.

sorry about the confusion guys but thank you verry much on the help anyways.

Here's your 446.

Picture114.jpg

There are few varibles to consider to pick one of thses strokers. The 446 from FST uses a longer stroke at 75mm and will lower your revability a bit as the piston speeds will be higher. If I remember right 8500 rpm will be it. It isn't much better with the CWR, they use a 74mm stroke and you'll gain about 300rpm. The biggest difference will be service, Mickey puts regular customers on the back burner until he has taken care of the racers that use him, plus he is very buzy and will get to it in the order it came in. Example I sent the cases, cylinder, crank and head to be done on November 17, I didn't get it back until around January 28. You can only call FST on Monday to Friday 4PM to 7PM and the line is always buzy. If I had to it over again I would of gone with CWR.

alright thanks. after some more research and stuff ill probably go with the CWR 460.

question on that. how dependiable is my quad gonna be after i put the big bore kit on it? i always do the scheduled mataince and stuff but i dont exactly have the money to go and build another motor if that one blows up within 6 months.

Don't worry it'll be as bullit proof as the stock motor, as long as you check to make sure all clearences are within spec during reassembly, get a good oil cooler thats all I'll say.

alright. thanks a bunch. that part of the project wont be for a while but i like knowing all of my info ahead of time.

im gonna build the whole bike and save the engine for last because i know myself and i know if i get the motor done first ill try to find ways to rig it to run and see how it is and i would either end up breaking stuff or not finishing the project. im gonna have the whole bike ready so all i gotta do is get the motor done and hook her up and tune right and its ready to roll.

Back