Question of the Day!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04Warrior04

Reaction score
Ok, so apparently the battery I had in my warrior was the wrong size. My dad's the one to blame. Anyway when you would shut the bike off you could hear the battery sizzling. Didn't think much of it.
Recently I've been having troubles with it. A week ago I pulled the battery and threw it on charge over night on trickle. Took it off the next day. Well this evening i go to check the battery and I open the garage door. A peace of white plastic, about the size of your fist was laying at the door. I walk over to the battery and it had blew its self to pieces. someone explain how this happened!lol

Charger was too big and fed too much power to the size of the battery at once, got hot, boiled, built up pressure until it blew. Possibly have sulfuric acid everywhere now

well Ive charged it with that charger many times. It's just i small trickle charger from wallyworld. and I couldn't see any acid any where either. The charger, which is plastic was right next to it. Surely it would of ate at that some but it didnt show any signs of it.

Was it one of those trickle charger/maintainers?

Usually a battery explosion is caused by the hydrogen being given off when its charging and then a small spark happens. Doesnt take much of a spark either. Which also tells me the battery was probably shot or getting close to being to be letting off that much gas.

At any rate I would be washing down everything in the path that it exploded just in case. Battery acid can make some nasty burns.

I figured he probably knows how to neutralize the acid or if he doesnt will ask.

Baking Soda and then rinse or a battery cleaner from your local parts store will have the proper mix in it to neutralize the acid.

Well if it were low on acid what would that do? because it would hiss all the time. and when we got it we had two plugs in the top that we had to replace..and the cleanin aspect is going to suck. cause there's a good bit of stuff surrounding it.

Back