Question for works owners past and present

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep that is exactly what mine do. I learned to ignore it when I was at the dunes last month for the most part. I really only noticed it when I was riding slow on my sand tires going back to camp on the road, but it still kind of pissed me off. Brand new shocks that cost me what they did had those annoying rings bouncing up and down. Maybe when we get them gunked up with mud, etc they will get stuck. LOL That silicone idea might not be to bad just to make them stay in one place.

They will stop making the noise when the shock gets older, mine did. Basically when they get all gunked up.

I see what you mean by your picture. You are right that has nothing to do with Preload, I was mistakingly thinking the collar between the dual rate springs was rattling.

I have never paid attention to works shocks up close like that. I wonder why they put that collar in there instead of just letting the spring compress all the way then the heavier spring would take over? It would take advantage more of the small spring and soften out the small bumps even more and the big spring would still take the bigger bumps.

You know how much the rebuilds cost him? I'm guessing he's much happier with them than the Elkas then?

Im not sure what it cost..i dont like the kid with the 450r shocks..i think his pussy is just hurting him b/c he complains about the 450r shocks too...but i think they are better than the Elkas

mine make the same noise after i just had them rebuilt but it doesnt bother me. my exhaust drowns out the rattling anyways and besides, ive become used to rattling b/c my skidplate rattles

When I called works about getting them rebuilt for the +3s I added, he said it needed new springs which were $150, new valve assembly ran about $150, oil recharge was $80. So I said $380 + shipping both ways would be over $450, I figured it wouldn't be worth it and just spent some extra doe on the Elkas which were free shipping.

do u always need new springs when u get them rebuilt? yeah i dont think 450 would be worth it.just spend the extra 300 on elkas
Not for a standard rebuild but changing the a arm length defintly needs new springs.

My works do the exact same thing drives me nuts to ahahhaahhaa

they said my shocks were already pretty close to where I wanted them set up so it only ran me about 150 for the pair. and now they're like new!! i didnt need new springs.

Yeah as long as you don't increse the a arm lenght you won't needs springs, I also needed the weight rating adjusted for up to 200 lbs.

so if i keep my warrior..theres allways works on ebay that need to be rebuilt that go cheap..if they dont need springs and i could get them cheap it would be a good deal i think..doubt ill do that but we'll see

Back