Question for Raptor 660 shock users.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sebring26

Reaction score
I put the Raptor 660 rear shock on my Warrior and am having a problem with my chain being REALLY tight on my lower chain roller that sits right behind the front sprocket. I've done everything I can to adjust the chain but with the back of the bike sitting higher I can't take the chain pressure off the lower roller. It makes a bad grinding noise, especially when I am slowing down.

I know a lot of people have done this conversion. Has anyone else had this problem and if you did how did you fix it?

Thanks!

Scott

Three things that help:
Adjustable dog bone
A lighter spring rate so the bike squats when you sit on it.
Or an AMP link
I run an AMP link with a LTZ front spring installed on the 660 shock.
For me it rides perfect.

LTR josh.. I sent you LTR springs lol.

I'd get a dog bone to set the tail down. Most people do that. I'm going amp link because I like the stance as it sets

Is the 5 1/4" Dogbone you have now shorter or longer then the stock Warrior Dogbone? I could measure but the bike is not at my house.

Would a dogbone off any other bike work? When I was searching posts laast night I read someone used the 660 rear shock and a 700 dogbone and it was back close to stock....but now I cant find the post again.

Thanks for all the replies.

Did you cut the inch from each side where the rod threads into the center? For narrowing it can you use a bench grinder or do you have to cut it?

Thanks

Back