Question for JasonP....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jebbysan

Reaction score
Jason,
You seem to b e very knowledgeable on the cams for these motor....
One question.....where is the best place to set intake centerline on these motors?
And does anyone make an adjustable slotted cam sprocket or do you need to modify the stock one to degree the cam?

If anyone else knows the answer to this Q....please feel free to chime in!!

Optimal cam timing is a must for max performance....I want to see how far off my stocker is.....

Thanks,
Jebby:atv:

someone used to make an adjustable cam sprocket for the warrior. You can also get diff degree keys for the flywheel.

someone used to make an adjustable cam sprocket for the warrior. You can also get diff degree keys for the flywheel.

Knew about the offset crank keys......would really like a # to put the intake centerline at......I know the racers must do this when installing the cam....but there is always a happy number...

I will do a web search for the cam gear.....

Jebby

jebby tell me EXACTLY how the power changes ive just changed the flywheel key but now the jets are off but there is some potential there megacycle used to make a adjustable one too but they droped it and stoped making it about 3 months ago just whan i was about to order one too! so good luck with this and depending on how it changes it im interested in this too

jebby tell me EXACTLY how the power changes ive just changed the flywheel key but now the jets are off but there is some potential there megacycle used to make a adjustable one too but they droped it and stoped making it about 3 months ago just whan i was about to order one too! so good luck with this and depending on how it changes it im interested in this too

I most definately will....but now I have to hit the books and find out exactly how to attach my degree wheel to the crank.....and if i can get a dial indicator in there while it is in the frame.....
All i need is a base number....assuming the Webcam gear has graduations on it...which it says it does....then I will know where I am at in the future...
I am looking to advance the cam for even more midrange...(I like midrange...leave it in one gear around the track and goose it-clutch when needed)....I was riding around the track Tuesday in third....and it would lug
just a little on the hairpin......
Maybe I will buy the .390 cam along with it!!!!

Jebby, when you get that gear, write up a review if yah can. I've been interested in one but have never heard of anyone testing one out.

Jebby, when you get that gear, write up a review if yah can. I've been interested in one but have never heard of anyone testing one out.

I will.....I will also try to take photos of the degreeing process....and explain it....it comes very easy to me...but is heavy science to some....
it is very easy once you understand it....

I degreed my DOHC 750 and it made a different bike out of it...

All of my automotive race engines get degreed...

Even my rotary vave Bombardier Sea Doo builds have a degree wheel for the rotary valve itself....

Hopefully I can give you some good info.....as I am very curious myself....
Looks like you could easily change the cam timing at the track....once you have the "base" number...you can go forward or back via the graduations on the gear.....

I get a kick out of stuff like this so may be I will be able to answer my own thread question....

Peace,
Jebby

Duneracer....do you know which way you moved the cam?
A 2 degree advance in cam timing can have a dramatic effect on
engine vacuum....which is the biggest determiner of jetting....
Did it go rich or lean?
If it went rich...you are on the right track....because you increased
cylinder filling...otherwise known as volumetric efficiency....lean it..
and it will make power....
If it went lean...it is not pulling on the jet as hard....put it back...and start over.....
This is assuming your jetting was close to start....

jebby

Back