Question about the Cam???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonsterEnergyWarrior

Reaction score
What is the torque specs for the cam I'm putting a new one in and the last one i had had the bolt back out and break the cam. Does hot cams 1 you can use the stock valve springs? help is appreciated thanks
:atv:

I dont know the torque spec and you are talking about the bolt that hold the timing gear on because mine has a lock washer on it but you can run stock valve springs with a stage 1 hotcam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know the torque spec and you are talking about the bolt that hold the timing gear on because mine has a lock washer on it but you can run stock valve springs with a stage 1 hotcam

yes the bolt on the cam gear but mine just has a big washer and last time i forgot to torque it down and it ruined my cam but thanks for the help hammy7734

I have the clymer manual at home but im at my grandparents right now so when i het home tonight i will look for the torque spec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It`s 43 lb ft on the cam bolt. I always out a little blue loctite on the bolt too.

thank you just don't want to ruin another cam that would the third one first had seased up from the last guy and the second one was not torqued down and it came out slowly and it happened when i was in a mud hole well that sucked so i wanted to make sure to have it torqued and not come out but now im getting a hotcam 1 which will be better quality and thanks for the torque spec for the cam bolt really appreciated

ok got it installed today and now it just will try to start but not so much so do I need to je tit different or what am I doing wrong?

Back