Putting in a banshee shock, modifying airbox

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordysoso

Reaction score
ive read about just heating the airbox and bending in the sump to make room for the reservoir, or simply cutting it off. well my plan is to cut it off, at a slight angle... with that angle, im going to jbweld (go figure:loco:) a piece of lexan onto it to cover the open hole. the angle is going to allow water to collect in one end incase any gets in the airbox, and the lexan will allow me to see it without taking the lid off. at some point im going to put put in a bolt or something to drain the water if need be. ill post up pics along the way but i just wanted to see what everyone thinks about it :tdown: :tup:

Instead of JB, get some self taping screws with the rubber grommets washers, apply rtv to the lexan, then self tape that bad boy on to the air box.

I was thinking about the self tapping screws after looking at deadlast's old box with the aluminum pop riveted in, but i wasnt gonna leave enough material on there to screw into. i figured the jb weld would hold enough if i sealed it from the inside and out, keeping it as neat as possible but still holding nicely.

Sparky told me about this stuff called through the roof, I'll get some of that to try. Cheaper than JB weld and I can't scuff the plastic good enough to get the JB weld to hold. I'll seal the seam with something on the outside as well for added protection.

It says a few places by me has it so I'll more than likely pick up a tube tomorrow. I might pop rivet some thin aluminum on the sides just to help adhesion and add a little extra insurance. I have the air box soaking in warm water, dawn soap, and a little bit of degreaser to make sure it's super clean.

Sell that turd,save the box and find a nice used remote reservoir shock on ebay.
Justmy 2c

Why do you say that? I love my banshee shock. 10X better than the stock shock, on top of that its highly adjustable and rebiuldable. For budgets its a perfect shock.

2nd that, what an amazing difference, put all 3 on. I heated box and molded it, busted thru it, so i epoxyed it, im tryin to find pics o the whole process i took. you gotta pusht that plastic wayyyy back or i will hit when you bottom out, i was able to save my original drain also, ill look 4 pics again

Back