Pull/Push Starting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is all technique, and i would hope the motor has compression... its fresh. Of course if someone just pulled me around and i let out the clutch in first gear the tires are going to lock up, but with a quick amount of added weight... not to mention im not the lightest guy to begin with its not that hard.

How is it any different then pushing it down a hill from getting pulled around or pushed from another fourwheeler?

Its not, just simply jumping on the seat starts it up easy. But i havent had to do it in a while. I have no idea, maybe im just good at it, but this thing cant be low on compression i just freshened it up over winter. If it is low on compression it runs exceptionally well so ill just leave it alone till something happens.

I go about 210. If this thing is low on compression id hate to see how it would run if right. It cant be low, ive have been on it a maximum of 10 hours this year and i just got done honing it and putting a new set of rings in in like january... who knows though. But anyway like i said i havent had to push start it in a long time, last time i tried was in like decemeber with some light snow on the ground... i couldnt get it to start that day even with someone pulling me haha. But since ive put then 12:1 in there i think maybe i started it off a hill one time or so and thats about it. Another thing most of the times when i have had to push start it was after it was already warmed up, so that also added to how fast it started. It only has to turn over once or twice to fire when it warmed up. Its jetted well and has good spark so there really is no reason why it shouldnt start relativly easy. But hey i could be wrong... i guess it wont hurt so ill try and get a hold of a compression tester. Id like to the check my katana as well since it is old just to see if i have any cylinders much lower than the rest. The katana and my warrior both take the same plugs so i dont have a problem there haha.

Back before i did all my motor work i didnt really have any money so when something went wrong it stayed that way haha. I had a starter and a battery both crap out on me so i did push start it alot haha. But that was on stage 1 as i call it, which was the hotcam and wiseco.

Back