Project Warrior, Weak Spark?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zorro19s

Reaction score
I purchased a abuse Warrior cheap and I got it idling except it doesn't want to rev up and higher. I played around with the jetting and it didn't seem to do anything. I think its got a weak spark. I replaced the plug, it did help but didn't solve the problem. What could be wrong? Do warriors have any typical issues with this problem?

The parking break sensor can cause the warrior to idle but not rev. Look on your clutch perch and see if there are 2 plugs that plug into the perch. One plug is for the Nuetral light I believe and the other one is the parking brake. Unplug the parking break sensor by taking the hood off and following the wire into the headlight area.

Assuming this is the newer style warrior. What year is it??

I believe its a 97 according to the last owner. But I bought it without papers. Which letter number on the frame tells you the year?

soes it bog out whan reving up also if the parking breadoes not work try the piolet air screw on the carb it might be out mien was when i got it. 2 turns out i belive it it

I tried the pilot jet and its not the problem. I should say that it idles, but it skips a spart every few revolutions.

make sure your coil has a good ground and every thing is grounded good if not it could cause that and weak spark

Are you just guessing that it's missing because of spark, or do you actually know that the spark is missing? My first guess with a problem like yours is that you have an air leak between the carb and head, most likely a cracked intake manifold.

Yeah even the smallest crack on the manifold will hurt your performance bad......

Ya know this may sound crazy but when i rebuilt my quad the local store had to order some NGK plugs so i had to go with a new champion plug for temp use...my quad barely ran with that plug ..not sure if it was because it wasnt an NGK or just the plug was bad itself...but that gave me all kinds of idle problems, once the NGk's were in a put it in an she ran like a champ !

I'll check the rubber manifold today. I got the Champion sparkplug as its the only thing that my store carried that fit the Warrior. Question? I tried checking the voltage on the coil but I couldn't get a reading? Any reason why? Pulsates too fast?

I forgot to mention that when I gas it. It sorta soulds like a 2 stroke reving down and shoots flames out of the exhaust. Leaky Exhaust!

Back