problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior333

Reaction score
tmr i plan on takeing my motor out again i think i need to lap my valves could i check it any way like flliing the head with oil and seeing if any leaks out then is there anyway to check the rings my motor smokes really bad and i want it to quit then also my clutch is slipping how do i know if it is completly bad or if i nedd to do some major adjusting cuz it slipps bad when cold then when it gets hot it runs pretty good just to clear things up the switch of oil is to help with clutch

Ok here is the best way to see if it's your vavle or your ring.

1- check the compression and write it somewhere
2- Add a small amount of oil in the spark plug hole by small amount i mean like 3 tablespoon
3- Recheck the compression
4- If there is more compression at least 25 P.S.I more it's a rings problem
5- if the compression stay the same then you have a valve or gasket problem

hope it help

Max

whats a smoke test and all the compression tester i can find dont fit it and my parts dealer said to check auttozone and they dont have one to fit it

also is there as any way to check the clutch cuz it is really bad

333, lets use a little common sense here. You are planning on pulling the motor, which sounds like the right thing to do at this point. Your burning lots of oil, contemplating changing oil to fix that problem, yet your clutch is slipping.

You really need to step back, get a service manual, then disassemble and inspect every part that could be giving you problems. The manual gives clear specifications on everything, and thats what you need to do. Get it close to manufacturers specifications again. You nor anybody else really knows whats wrong until its opened up.

On the clutch -is there any slop in the cable? The only adjustment on the clutch is actually just a cable/lever adjustment -if it is set to tight it could make your clutch slip. Other than that, wrong oil or bad clutch or clutch parts

p.s. you have 4 threads going on basically the same problems - its not helping.

well i have a manual and the oil switch is for the clutch and i put new valve seals in it and now im trying to find a way to test and see if my rings are bad or if something else is wrong

You were talking like the oil change was to stop the smoking issue --i missed something there.

The only real way to check is pull the jug and check the gap. If you can get your hands on a set of inside micrometers, check and see if your cylinder is still true while it is open

ok well my clutch im thinking is fried cuz it pretty worn down now my new problem is that i found a piece of metal in the clutch cover and metal shaveings in the oil so now i have to tear into the tranny and look over all that im gonna try to get pics but i cant find my digital camera

also how do i know if i need the basket the preasure plate or any of the other things that are there

the peice of metal was the lip that holds the front chain guide in place and i found a bigger peice in the fly wheel

Back